Thursday, October 21, 2010

Subiaco IGA

I was in Subiaco last weekend having lunch and seeing a movie with a friend for his birthday and stumbled across the Subiaco IGA (Mercado's). We had some spare time before the movie started (we were seeing The Town, not a bad movie, quite enjoyed it actually), so went in a checked it out. It is one of the best IGA's I have even been too. They had a lot of different GF foods, such as the Byron Bay biscuits that I love, GF lollies, and GF bread!!!!! I was SO excited I honestly never thought I would be eating bread ever again as i find that i don't like the taste of most GF breads, but this bread is fantastic. I brought the Ciabattine dinner rolls by Schar. Check out their website: http://www.schaer.com/en/gluten-free-products/bread/ they have a variety of GF breads and I swear this IGA has them all.

Now I will warn you that this is also the most expensive IGA that I have been too but I found it was well worth the cost as the food is very tasty. I don't mind paying a bit more for quality :)

I swear IGA's are the saving grace for West Aussies that can't eat Gluten.

1 comment:

  1. Here is the link to search for stores that sell the Schaer products: http://www.schaer.com/en/points-of-sale/standard-search/

    ReplyDelete