Saturday, September 18, 2010

Breakfast and the Omelette Maker

I am one of those people that has always had cereal for breakfast. I would have a few different boxes of cereal on the go and would happily alternate between them everyday, 365 days of the year. When I was told of my gluten intolerance I changed over to GF cereal, no problem, there are a few different varieties out there and they are bringing out new ones fairly regularly.

However even after changing I was still not feeling the best in the mornings. When I went and saw the Gloria the kinesiologist (for allergy testing) she told me that my body isn't that keen on milk powder or soy. Damn it!!! I decided to keep any tolerance limits my body did have for milk powder for my chocolate addiction and tried to have my cereal with rice milk but seriously that was gross, I just couldn’t do it. Gloria suggested that I eat Oats with water, now I know what you are thinking oats are gluten but remember Gloria has determined from the allergy testing that I am more allergic to white flour and wheat than gluten itself. Anyway it's all a little confusing to me, but I didn't really get a reaction to the oats and water, so that is what I ate.

After a couple of weeks of this I was getting very bored with it, so decided to have a cooked breakfast on the weekends when I wasn’t so restricted by time. I have tried the GF pancake batter which wasn't too bad and made a medley of mushrooms, bacon and put avocado and cheese on top, which was nice, and then I tried to make an omelette and that's where I went wrong. They are very hard to make, who knew? I had never eaten one before but thought it looked easy, nope I was wrong. After yesterdays disastrous attempt my housemate was inspired to go out and by me an omelette maker. It is a round plastic thing that folds in half, comes with instructions on the back and is the most fantastic invention EVER!!!! I just made one and it tasted amazing!!!! 2 eggs, some water, mushrooms, cheese and a microwave later, I was eating the best breakfast I had, had in such a long time. Apparently this contraption costs around $5 or $6 (the brand is Starmaid) and seriously I LOVE it!!!! If you don't have one, do yourself a favour and go out and get one. Best invention EVER!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Here's the link: http://www.starmaid.com.au/item-detail/?id=82 I have said it before and I will say it again, best invention ever!!! :)

    ReplyDelete