Friday, September 17, 2010

Gluten Free and Me

Welcome to my blog, my name is Tamara and I have spent a good part of this year learning about what it means to be gluten free as well as what coeliacs disease is. After medical tests one doctor told me that I have coeliacs disease, then after another test a different doctor told me that I was just gluten intolerant. Since then I have been to a Kinesiologist who did some allergy testing on me and she says that I am actually intolerant to white flour and wheat (more the bad quality of wheat that is in many Australian products). Anyway, from this information I have decided to go on a gluten free diet, hoping that it will make me feel a whole lot better.

The journey of gluten free eating begins ...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my new blog. I see you have a new one as well. I hope we both keep at it :-)

    I have been celiac for 10 years, my mother for much longer - it does suck - but we can still have yummy things :)

    Good Luck!!
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Babs. I only just realised that people have been commenting on my blog. I am not very observant obviously :P

    I love blogging. I hope that the information will be useful to someone one day :)

    Cheers, Tam

    ReplyDelete